There is an insidious but irresistible trap, in which often fall many people who are interested in making money online. The illusion that you can make money with the internet, in an easy and fast way, possibly without investing a penny, thanks to an online initiative from third party. Let’s explain it better below.
Lately, we have received more emails than usual asking:
- Do you know the site xy?
- What do you think? Is it a good way to earn money online?
Note: Replace “site xy” with any site you heard and that promises exponential incomes with little or no effort and perhaps with no investment.
Normally, those who send this kind of emails are inexperienced people who don`t know how to run an online business. Why? Because if they had some experience in making money online, most likely they would not ask these questions. However, we encourage our readers to contact us in any time and for any question or doubt they have, before investing money online and we don`t bother respond to all you emails. But let`s find out and explain it further.
If you want to jump to conclusions: if you want to make a profit online and you try to rely on a site – or more generally to an initiative on the web – which is not owned by you, then in the best case you risk to find yourself with a handful of flies. At worst, to lose a lot of time, effort and even money! But let`s go more in detail, also making some concrete examples.
Is Making Money Online Possible?
Let`s start by saying that if you want making money online in a serious and continuous way, then you have to stop thinking as an employee and consumer and adopt a more entrepreneurial mindset. Because doing business online means, above all else, being entrepreneurs.
Then it is certainly true that the network can break down a lot of the expenses that would require a normal offline activity, as well as automating many processes and saving time and effort. However, to be successful on the web, you have to think like a true successful entrepreneur.
And an entrepreneur who respects avoids embarking on all those activities that may not hold a full direct control. What does it mean, translated into online practice? It means that it is totally wrong, not to say crazy, wanting to base your income on an online website/business that is NOT of your property!
Why? This is the answer: for the simple reason that you have only the illusion of being a business owner, but in reality do not have control of ANYTHING:
- What if one day the site collapse?
- And if the owners will, for any reason, stop paying you?
- And if you suddenly decide to change core business by selling a different type of products / services that are completely different compared to the loyal customers that you had?
- And if they decide, for whatever reason, to throw you off from THEIR site?
- What if the real owners of that business did completely wrong marketing operations, to discredit all the activity?
- And so on.
And these are not remote hypothesis, but they are facts that have occurred in the history of the web (and continue to happen) so many times! That said, it`s true that being and entrepreneur always involves a risk but make at least that this risk depends, primarily, by your actions and NOT the acts of others who are totally out of your control.
Therefore, remember our words. If you really desire making money online and you want a solid online income then, first of all, you must have YOUR OWN domain name and hosting space. Please avoid the free stuff and invest a few dollars to give a minimum of professionalism and credibility to what we’re going to do.
If you’re not willing to invest and you deceive yourself to be able to earn money online trusting xy site that promises you heaven and earth, then we`re sorry to tell you my friend, but you’re completely off the road. So you`re not going anywhere and all those people will make fun of you and make you think that is possible making money online in a quick and easy way.
Making money online is a job; it`s not a “method” is not an attempt and especially not some kind of game. Then it is true that there are different ways to earn money online in a serious and professional way. Many of them are explained in our course, even for those with very little money to invest and almost no technical skills.
However, going back to the main theme of this article, right now there are basically two types of sites that promise to get you making money online easily:
- On one side there are all those Ponzi schemes, pyramid based websites, which are cleverly camouflaged as online activities of multi-level marketing. To put it simple words, they are only chains where the product/service you are selling is, in most cases, only an “illusion” because the true reality in facts is that you`re making money online only by recruiting other people and making them pay, in one way or in another, to join this chain. So the product itself is only pointless trick to make people join.
- On the other side however you can find sites that promise you to make you earn quite a lot of money investing in forex, binary options, or some other kind of unspecified financial systems. The mechanism by which these sites will make you “invest” is very similar to gambling sites. However, we are not saying that forex or binary options are total scams, because there are many people making money this way, we are just saying that you should be very careful investing on doubt/untrusted sites. We have already seen many trading scams in the last years.
Therefore, with regard the first point, remember this: if someone offers you to help you making money online by enrolling people under you, then run away like hell because in 99% you will lose time and almost certainly money.
Lately, in this context, are popular sites such as Banners Broker, Empower Network (to this we have even dedicated an article), Rippln, etc. but every week comes out a new one, claiming to be always “different”, “brilliant”, “best”, and so on.
In short, repeating once again that making money online can give you some great satisfaction, you can even make a living online but it is a SERIOUS job where you need to be formed professionally and spend time and energy, as well as investing a minimum of money in the initial phase. Also you must be willing to work towards a goal with a minimum of risks. If you want to trust xy site that promises you heaven and earth, without doing and investing almost nothing, then go ahead, but we have warned you.